Kim Kazimour

CATEGORIES: Alumni Profiles

Email: kkaz715@aol.com

I am currently living in Gainesville, Florida, having resided here since 1980. Over the years I have had a number of professional experiences including: working as a school psychologist for the public school system; working as the senior psychologist at a state institution for persons with profound mental challenges; serving as the director of a preschool program for at risk and developmentally delayed children with a local Association for Retarded Citizens; and working for the University of Florida, College of Medicine/Department of Pediatrics as a psychologist evaluating children birth to three years of age experiencing developmental delay. Concurrent with these experiences I have maintained a private practice doing both evaluations and therapy with children (licensed as both a school psychologist and mental health counselor) as well as hypnotherapy with adults (nationally certified hypnotherapist).

Outside of the work world, I have been very involved in athletic pursuits since the late 1980’s. In addition to a numerous, shorter local road races and triathlons I have run eight marathons (including two qualified runs at the Boston Marathon), one 50K run, one 50 mile run and completed four Ironman triathlons. I’m planning to do Ironman number 5 in 2007 in celebration of my 50th birthday! I have also been singing with the Gainesville Civic Chorus since 1999 and enjoy participation in building homes with the local Habitat for Humanity organization. It keeps me off the streets!

I am lucky to a have had a wonderful “significant other” for the past decade who shares my triathlon and running adventures! Keith is an elementary school PE teacher and also has a private practice doing Active Release Technique therapy…sort of a combination between sports massage and chiropractic work. He’s got quite a following in the area and is also in the process of writing a physical education text book, so he’s a busy guy!

Am really looking forward to hearing what everyone else is up to!