Appeal of Academic Grievances

The procedure for settling academic grievances is described on the Academic Appeals and Grievances page of the University Catalog. Grievances arising out of classroom or other academic situations should be resolved, if at all possible, with the individual instructor involved. If a resolution cannot be reached, the next step is to appeal to the chair of the department involved (or in the case of Psychology, to the Director of Undergraduate Studies). For help or advice about taking that step, the student should feel free to discuss the situation with their faculty adviser and/or Dr. Robert Hessling (